Copyright (c) 2014 by Tom Sheehan Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Tom Sheehan -- Blogmeister

STROLLING IN THE ORCHARD-

Come stroll with us in the Orchard. We are joyful friends growing and learning together. Here are our thoughts and ideas, dreams and adventures. Stay awhile and enjoy. Please comment. Peace to everyone.

by Tom Sheehan

OLOL School
Mathcats - awesome !
Cool Maths games and stuff
Orchard Flickr
Make a crossword or other game !
Voyagers
Launching Pad
Links for Teachers
5B@MAS (NY)
Orchard delicious
The Writing Fix
I Know That Maths
Memory Games
All Saints, Otley, UK

It was quite a week in the Orchard.

We welcomed Miss O'Brien on Monday. We had our iMovies to complete but have only managed to get two actually finished. We will finish them next week.

We also began some art work studying Paul Dibble. Paul is a local artist here in Palmerston North who works with bronze. Paul has two prominent works on display in P Nth - one outside the library and one outside Te Manawa. This week we practiced making a clay model in the style of Paul Dibble. On Monday we will create our sculptures then after 24 hours drying we will begin the casting process. We'll post some pictures next week.

We have continued with the money game. Its quite amazing what turns up to be auctioned. I was very surprised when Gugu paid about $300 for 2003 Diary that had not been used. Other prices of note were $251 paid by Callum Mc for a hubcap spinner and 2 Sega games from McDonalds earned Taryn $400 from Heath.
The children record all transactions and pay tax and rent. It is real learning and there's lots of maths happening throughout the day.

Our RE lesson today focussed on healing and the Sacrament Of Penance. Forgiveness of self and others as was modelled by Jesus. Be assertive and compassionate.

Have a great weekend !

Article posted September 2, 2005 at 02:50 AM • comment • Reads 47 • Return to Blog List

WELCOME TO THE ORCHARD

In my spare time I love to run. So far I have completed 10 marathons. My big goal this year is to complete a 24 hour run in Auckland in October ! I have a wonderful family who are growing up far too quickly. I love Apple computers and have three iPods ! (I love my wife Louise too !)

My creation Locations of visitors to this page