Copyright (c) 2014 by Suzanne Laskowsky Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Mrs Laskowsky's Kindergarten Blog

by Suzanne Laskowsky

Deerfield Community School
Information About Our Classroom
Mrs. Knee Kinderkids Blog

We visited the Seacoast Science Center at Odiorne Point in Rye.  We had a wonderful day exploring tidepools.  Inside the Center is a new exhibit about a young humpback whale.  The kids returned to school wanting to know more about whales.  We compared different whales.  We measured ourselves and figured out that 12 kindergarteners head to toe would be as long as a humpback whale.  We read stories, poems and listened to humpback whale songs.  The artwork truly represents the beauty and serenity of the whales we studied.  Please enjoy these gorgeous paintings done with tempra paint, brush, and stencil by the KL kindergarteners. 

Article posted June 21, 2010 at 07:59 AM • comment • Reads 65 • Return to Blog List

KL 2012