Copyright (c) 2014 by RJCH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RJCH -- Blogmeister

RJCH

Class of 2012-2013

by RJCH

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Wooden Bridges
As I look down below the surface of the swaying wooden bridge, a sudden chill makes its way down my spine. A memory from my childhood days creeps it's way into my mind, making it one of those memories that are impossible to get rid of...
The booming of the thunder rattles my bones, the flash of lightning makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick straight up. One last glance, that's all it took, that one last glance of my father never left my brain. I turned for one second to look back at the swirling clouds above my head. Hearing a snapping sound and wood breaking made me whip my head around. Before I could say anything, the sound of the splashing of water filled my ears, and in that moment, I started preparing what I was going to say to my older sister when I returned home... alone. For I knew that one quick dip in that alligator- infested raging rapid below would take your life away, right before your eyes. Tears flooded my eyes and I tried not to remember of that one last glance I took of my father. One last glance, that's all it took, that one last glance of my father, in that water, never left my brain.
And so today, I am here, standing, on the same bridge, that took my father, away from me, forever. Should I cross it? Should I cross it, and fulfill my father's dream to be the first person in the world to ever cross a bridge connecting the two countries of USA and Mexico? My own life is at stake, just as my father's was, 30 years ago. Should I stay?
Article posted June 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM • comment • Reads 46 • Return to Blog List