Copyright (c) 2014 by SSKA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SSKA -- Blogmeister

SSKA

Class of 2012-2013

by SSKA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Bridges

There are many types of bridges in our world. Some have more importance than others but there all related. Some are completely different like bridge jumping and making connections but one bridge that speaks to me would have to be a bridge on a guitar because I am a guitarist and without a bridge I wouldn't be a guitarist.

If you're looking at a guitar, the bridge would be right below of the pickups. The bridge holds the strings and the strings go from the tuning pegs down the neck and the body and connects to the bridge. It holds the strings tight to make it a high sound if you turn the tuning knobs. The bridge holds the string by going under the bridge and through a hole and kept in place by a little clamp that connects the bridge and the string. If you are playing guitar and it's too high pitched and you hit the string hard enough, the string will break and you have to take it out of the bridge and replace it for a new one. There's better bridges you can get that look better or have better quality.

Without a bridge there would be no guitar and no way to keep the strings in place. Without that, there would be no guitar in music which makes a large amount of the music in songs. I enjoy playing guitar and the bridge is a part of the guitar and the guitar is a part of music and music is my life.
Article posted June 11, 2010 at 08:27 AM • comment • Reads 48 • Return to Blog List