Copyright (c) 2014 by Brian Crosby Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brian Crosby -- Blogmeister

Collaborative Class Blog-

Mr. Crosby's Class

We are a 6th grade class that is piloting a 1:1 laptop program using MacBook computers. We blog, Skype, make Wiki pages, produce digital videos, podcasts and vidcasts.

by Brian Crosby

Our Class Wiki Page
Our "Animal Ark Wiki Page Project"
Our "Inclusion" Video
Blogs We Read
Mighty Writers - 3rd Grade Seattle, Washington, USA
Tell The Raven - 6th Grade - Alaska
Denton Dynamos Discussions - Long Island, New York

Please Join Our “High Hopes” High Altitude Balloon Project

Update 5/30/2010 - This is about how high the balloon went when it popped: 107,096 Feet OR 1,285,152 Inches OR 35,698.667 Yards OR 20.283333 Miles OR

3,264,286.1 Centimeters OR 32,642.861 Meters OR 32.642861 Kilometers

UPDATE 5/24/2010 - WE FOUND OUT TODAY THAT A LARGER BALLOON WILL BE USED, SO OUR HIGH HOPES SHOULD GO OVER 100,000 FEET (30,500 METERS) - thats almost 20 miles high!

We have “High Hopes” for our school, community and the world. We also are part of a project to send a high altitude balloon that will include a “payload” we get to build with a camera that will snap a photo every 5 seconds for the over 2 hours it will take to float up to over 80,000 feet. That is over 15 miles! We will also monitor temperature and other readings.

We thought it would be cool to include our “High Hopes” as part of the payload so they really will be “High Hopes!” It turns out we have room to include everyones' “High Hopes” and we want to include YOUR “High Hopes” too!

Just before we launch our balloon on May 27, 2010, we will copy all the comments you leave on this post with your own “High Hopes” to a CD or DVD and send them up with ours. That way your “High Hopes” will actually be raised up really, really high too!

We are doing other activities too. We are learning about lighter than air balloons, air pressure, the atmosphere and more. We have already written blog posts on this blog that include videos we produced about the science involved in balloon flight. In addition we have a wiki page we are designing to share our learning and news about our project. Here is a link. We also have photos from our classroom learning and will include photos from the balloon flight on our class Flickr page.

We want to thank teachers and students from The University of Nevada, Reno, for supporting and helping us with this project.

So if you or your class would like to participate, just leave your “High Hopes” in the comments on this blog post. We will do the rest.

Leave your comment in a form something like this:

I live in (Your City and Country) and my "High Hopes" for my school, community and the world are …

Teachers note - it you'd rather have your students write more than this ... say an essay or whatever feel free to do so - if they can post it as a comment we are open to that!

So click the comment link on this blog post and send us your “High Hopes” right away!

Here are some samples of our own “High Hopes” to give you some examples:

I live in Sparks, Nevada, USA and my High Hope for the world is to keep the world safe and a better place to live.

I live in Sparks, Nevada and my High Hope for the world is education for the kids that don't have a school to learn in.

I live in Sparks, Nevada and my "High Hopes" for the world include all people to stop violence and live in peace. But my Highest Hope for the world is to stop hunger and give people food.

I live in Sparks, Nevada, and My "High Hopes" for school include graduating high school and working hard to improve my grades. But my Highest Hope for school is to graduate college and get a good job that I like.

I live in Sparks, Nevada, and my "High Hopes" for my community include police because they keep us safe, hospitals because they can heal and fix the injuried and schools so we can graduate school.

I live in Sparks, Nevada and my High Hope for the world is ending homelessness because it's kind of sad that someone has no roof over their head.

Article posted May 16, 2010 at 12:47 AM • comment (122) • Reads 364 • Return to Blog List

Hi Mr. crosby,

I really want to go and visit u but I can't. But my mom told me that maybe she might take me. I really liked doing projects. But here we have to do projects using our imaginatons. I'll try to write back soon. PEACE OUT! love paola
Posted February 12, 2011 at 12:32 AM by • paola
Dear Mr. Crosby
I think it would be an interesting project to do. Do you know how high the highest balloon went?
From William
Posted October 19, 2010 at 01:49 PM by • William
Dear Mr. Crosby
From William
Are we doing the progect again.

From Jacob
Posted September 16, 2010 at 09:04 PM by • Jacob
Hi, my name is Sharon Davis and I am a Science teacher in Sydney, Australia. My 'high hope' is for great students like you all to continue to have high hopes. Well done for such a worthy and great project....what fab teachers and students you all are.....continue to aim 'high'!!
Posted June 19, 2010 at 07:45 AM by • Sharon Davis
Hi my name is Serena and my High Hope for the world is to end world hunger.
Posted June 14, 2010 at 01:32 PM by • Serena
hi Mr. Crosby how are you doing
Posted June 10, 2010 at 05:41 PM by • Shampaine
My name is Sarah and I live in Reno Nevada. My high hope for the world is for peace and kindness! A lot of bad things have been happening to other people! Why can’t others just get along? My second high hope for the world is pollution. Pollution is very bad for us and other animals. I really want something to be invented so people can get around without polluting the air! My last high hope for the world is to stop world hunger. It is very sad to see people like you and me on the street starving and just hoping for some kind of food to come their way. I really hope these high hopes will some day come true!
Posted June 1, 2010 at 04:14 PM by • sarah
If you do drugs you should stop because it could kill you.
Posted June 1, 2010 at 01:06 PM by • brandon
Thank you for putting our high hopes out into space.

What a fabulous adventure.

Allanah K

Moturoa Class

Appleby School

Nelson

New Zealand
Posted May 30, 2010 at 07:00 AM by • Allanah K
My high hopes for our community are that there will be no one homeless and that everyone will have a good friend. Also I hope that there will be no problems with people. Another thing is that there won’t be any robberies or break-ins.
Posted May 28, 2010 at 01:13 PM by • gabe
Hi my name is Aiden . My high hope is that I have good grades and help poor people. I would like to make people happy always and I would like to try to make friends and have a great time launching the balloon .
Posted May 28, 2010 at 01:05 PM by • Aiden
I live in Reno, Nevada and my “High Hope” is to help the environment to make the world a better place. But my highest hope is to get outside and play to help the environment instead of wasting electricity and to also recycle paper to save trees.
Posted May 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM by • Jerry
Hi! I’m Kaylie and these are my high hopes! I do wish that people got a better education so the future will be more amazing than we can imagine. Some other HIGH HOPES of mine is that they stop the oil spill soon so the fish will still be alive when it’s over and the birds will have clean water to drink. I also hope all violence in the world will stop and peace and good will once again be true.
Posted May 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM by • Kaylie
I live in Reno NV and my “High Hopes” are that the war in the Middle East will end and soldiers will stop dying. I also hope that global warming will stop and polar bears will become healthier in population.
I hope everyone will have a home and a family.
I wish the economy will get better in NV.
I love animals so I hope people will stop animal abuse.
Posted May 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM by • Walker
I live in Reno, NV and have high hopes that the big shift that is going on worldwide will lead to more positivity. I am an "ever-hopeful" person. And I have high hopes for young people. Very high.
Posted May 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM by • Meggin McIntosh
Something you think our community (Oak Park) needs;
Something that you think would improve our school;
Something that would make the world a better place;
You can read more about it here. Please leave a comment with your message of hope here, and I will give it to Mr. Crosby to include on the balloon. Remember, you are representing our school and community. Make sure your comment is appropriate, and reflects your best work. Thank you!

1 jacky // May 24, 2010 at 8:55 am

No bums and no drugs.

[Reply]

2 Tyler.T // May 24, 2010 at 8:56 am

Oak Ridge needs some air and water. Also we needs trees and plants.

[Reply]

3 CarlosG. // May 24, 2010 at 8:59 am

Oak park is a is a better place.

[Reply]

4 AlfonsoL. // May 24, 2010 at 8:59 am

I hop that earth is a beater place to live.

[Reply]

5 DazhaiiG. // May 24, 2010 at 9:00 am

Are community is a better place.

[Reply]

6 breanna.n // May 24, 2010 at 9:01 am

I wish that there was no people that do bad things in the world its bad for us and its bad for them we can die if you have ashma and they can die because its bad for their lungs its smoking i wish that there was smoking never invented.

[Reply]

7 Toya.T // May 24, 2010 at 9:02 am

I wish it was quite like Oklahoma.I wish that Oak park had more field’s in oak park for animals.

[Reply]

8 Tae'W. // May 24, 2010 at 9:03 am

I think something that can improve is to teach a lot of stuff in a certain time like between like two hours.

[Reply]

9 alexis // May 24, 2010 at 9:03 am

I think if we help clean-up the oil spill and tell the present to stop making promises he can’t keep we mite be able to get some people to help clean the earth

[Reply]

10 Nathaniel // May 24, 2010 at 9:04 am

Helping poor people live and not die . Like give them closes to put on.

[Reply]

11 markisha // May 24, 2010 at 9:07 am

Oak park needs stuff like more community centers for kids to go learn more and get more education and we also need more safety in are community.

[Reply]

12 Juliana G. // May 24, 2010 at 9:08 am

I think that the world would be a better place by not having guns or killing and by that if you get sick there would be a medicine for ever sickness and that there would be no more drugs forever.

[Reply]

13 Xavier // May 24, 2010 at 9:08 am

I thank are school needs more compder becuse we can help as.

[Reply]

14 Manuel R. // May 24, 2010 at 9:09 am

I think we needs more community thinks and more fun stuf.

[Reply]

15 Kendra // May 24, 2010 at 9:11 am

I think that Oak Park. No more guns and drugs to kill people. I think that people should stop making the world by using there cars because it ruins the earth.

[Reply]

16 Alanna // May 24, 2010 at 9:12 am

what will make the world a better place is to recycle.

[Reply]

17 kong // May 24, 2010 at 9:16 am

Oak park need a better stuff or new thing and this school is better

[Reply]

18 mashiya // May 24, 2010 at 10:50 am

I hope God helps us a lot .

[Reply]

19 Ricky // May 24, 2010 at 10:50 am

I hope we can make more adjustments to our school.

[Reply]

20 nathan // May 24, 2010 at 10:51 am

I hope for the homeless to have a good place to live and have a family.

[Reply]

21 michelle // May 24, 2010 at 10:52 am

My hope for the school is to have for a swing.

[Reply]

22 Cyrano // May 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

I hope that people can stop being mean to other people and doing bad stuff .

[Reply]

23 STEPHANIE M. // May 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

I hope for a community swimming pool so there will be less heat for pedestrians.

[Reply]

24 Giancarlo M. // May 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

I hope that people don’t fight any more.

[Reply]

25 Sheng T // May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am

I hope that everybody will help the people that dose not have houses and food to survive.

[Reply]

26 sahiros.H // May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am

We can help our school by being bully free.

[Reply]

27 Luther Y. // May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am

My h0pes and dreams are for the community is to help them.

[Reply]

28 Yessenia A. // May 24, 2010 at 10:55 am

My hopes is to have a swimming lessons after school.

[Reply]

29 Steve.X // May 24, 2010 at 10:56 am

I hope for the homeless have a home or a family so they will not be homeless.I don’t want them to be homeless.

[Reply]

30 jason // May 24, 2010 at 10:57 am

My hopes and dreams for the community is that the community is a cool place and a cool community

[Reply]

31 desirae r. // May 24, 2010 at 10:58 am

I hope that people can stop throwing trash on the floor and in the garbage can.I also hope that we can keep our school a good place like it is right now.

[Reply]

32 Desiree // May 24, 2010 at 10:58 am

I hope that every single homeless people will get food; a house and I like caring for people.

[Reply]

33 Lai S. // May 24, 2010 at 10:59 am

Oak Ridge needs more recycling,air,water. Oak Ridge also needs more trees and water.

[Reply]

34 alex // May 24, 2010 at 10:59 am

I hope that people would stop doing drugs and that people would stop being bad people. I hope people would change who they are and not do bad. I hope that there are no more rapist and no more kidnappers.

[Reply]

35 Lee T. // May 24, 2010 at 11:00 am

I want the community to be healthy,kind,and have food.
Posted May 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM by • Mrs. Mercer
I liue in Moose jow Canada, and my high hope is I wish nobody had cancer.
Posted May 26, 2010 at 09:46 PM by • Destanee
My high hope is that people stop doing drugs.
Posted May 26, 2010 at 01:08 PM by • jose
I live in Sparks NV and my high hopes are that we all show some care for the enviroment. I hate how some people don't care how are envirorment will look if we don't make a change of are bad habits.If we all did this we would make a huge difference in the world would'nt it.!
Posted May 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM by • anahi guerrero
I live in Sparks, NV and I want people to have a little more money and that there is less people that have no homes but my most “high hopes’’ is that there is less war going on and more world peace in the whole wide world.
Posted May 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM by • luis
I live in Sparks, NV and my “High Hopes” for our Earth is to recycle more often. Use all sides of your paper. If you recycle we can save over a million trees this year!
Posted May 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM by • alea
I live in Reno, NV, USA and my high hopes are, well, I would love to for homelessness to not exist. I learned that homelessness is not very fun and I would love to have the world a better place to live. Another one of my "High Hopes" are to end the wars. I hope that the world will soon be a peaceful place to live. But one of my highest hopes are that global warming stops and everyone in the world is happy. Yet another high hope of mine is to get a great education. My last high hope is that I don’t turn out to be a stuck up old lady. I would like to be a active and happy lady. Now some of that wouldn’t happen if another one of my high hopes came true, to get a great education. I know that’s a lot to ask but if my high hopes came true it would make me a very very happy person.

Grace

P.S. I'm glad we did this. It is very nice to see what different people want the world to be nice.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 08:13 PM by • Grace
We live in moose Jaw, Canada and my high hope is I wish everybody furniture
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:50 PM by • Ryland and tevryn
I live in Moose Jaw, Canada and my high hope is nobody feels bad.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:49 PM by • josie
I live in moose Jaw, canada and my high hope is I wish that everybody have food my name is ken.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:48 PM by • ken
I live in moosejaw canada and my high hope is and I wish my gramma hasont died
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:48 PM by • Payton
we live in moose jaw canada, and my high hope is we hop evre budy lives for a long time.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:48 PM by • Carson and Evan
I live in Moose Jaw, Canada, and my hight hope is everybody hase houses.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:47 PM by • Keiana
I Live in Moose Jaw, Canada, and my high hope is some body don`t have hiaie n(hair)
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:46 PM by • Kenton
We live in Moose Jaw Canda and are high hope is that everybody
hade a home.
Posted May 25, 2010 at 03:43 PM by • Kayla and Hayden
I live in Reno, Nevada and my "High Hopes" for school is to make sure that people who are less fortunate than us get a good education and go to collage. My "High Hopes" for the community are to keep it clean. People should go to a park and clean it up or shouldn't litter. I have a few "High Hopes" for the world. One of them is to stop war. I think that war is very stupid. I would also like to stop world hunger. I am saving up money to donate it to a food bank. My last "High Hopes" for the world is to stop global warming. it stinks. Those are my "High Hopes"!

Ann
Posted May 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM by • Ann
I live in Reno, Nevda and my high hopes for the world are.... First of all, I would really like it if we could stop global warming. Such as, finding a new liquid that is "green" nature wise for our cars. But of course, it's kind-of hard to stop global warming. Because if you don't turn on the light when you're reading(when it's too dark)then your eyes will need glasses. If your eyes need glasses it's causing global warming to manufact the glasses. Second of all, I would really like it if we could prevent oil spills and help sea animals. I also wish that we could open up new jobs. Not in buildings but little outdoor street shops. If you have ever been in South Korea at night there are a lot of outdoor shops. I wish this because then poor people could sell some of their old junk to get money. Third of all, I would want scientists to find a cure for people with disabilaties and viruses such as cancer. Finally, I would like to end all wars and help people get along with each other.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 11:01 PM by • Vivian
Hi! I'm Stephanie from Reno, Nevada, United States and I have many high hopes. I think that it's really cool that you're doing this high hopes project you're probably making a lot of people happy because all of our high hopes will be truly high and hopeful. I would love to do this project with you but I can't so I'll help you with part of the project by giving you my high hope. One of my highest hopes of all is to stop global warming because it's killing many animals yearly. I don't think it's fair for those who can't live there anymore because of the sun...do you? If we stop global warming, then think about all of the lives we'll save; animal or human. One of my other high hopes are to stop killing forests. Just because we want a shop or a business doesn't mean that we can take animals' homes' away. They were there first I mean seriously! Who would have the heart to kill an animal to make their own lives better? NOT ME! Anyway, I hope that my high hopes have inspired you to do what's right and not do things without think about it. Well, I really thank you again for making my hopes very high!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM by • Stephanie

I live in Reno NV, and my High Hope is to help the homeless, and help hospitals to heal the injured people.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM by • TREVOR
I live in Reno NV and my high hopes are that we don’t have any more wars or unkindness. I hope one day every body will be kind and caring for each other. Maybe some day hopefully it will be soon. I also hope that one day we stop polluting and switch cleaner sources of energy. Those are my high hopes and one day I hope they come soon. to a
Posted May 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM by • aaron
I am from Reno Nevada and my high hope is to play well in sports. Partucticularly in Basketball because I don't pay attention and my coach yells at me. It is so annoying!The other sport that I have some trubbles on is softball when we are playing a boring teem.My next high hope is for the weather to get better!I mean I am tired of all of this snow! I just bought some new sanndles and summer clothes and I am ready to wear them!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 09:49 PM by • Skylar
I live in Reno Nevada and my high hope is to have less pollution in the space around us. Without pollution I think that this world would be a much better place. You would see no trash around you, and there would be no smog in the air. Then we would all be able to breathe fresh clean air and it would be safer for going outside because there would be no bad stuff in the air. Also without pollution we wouldn’t have to stay in for recess at our schools just because the air outside had a thick blanket of smog covering it. This way we would all have more time for outside play and more time to run around. I think that without air pollution and other types of pollution it would also help to make the world smell a little better too. In my opinion, that would be much better. So don’t just sit there, did you know that all of us can help too? We can all start throwing our trash away at the nearest trash can instead of on our side walks. You can also try biking or walking to places not too far to cause less air pollution. Also when you are on a boat never throw your soda cans or chip bags into the ocean, instead wait till you are on land and then dispose of it at the nearest trash can. Or even better RECYCLE! Did you know that many fish in the great ocean can sometimes be killed by eating trash or getting stuck in a can and not being able to eat? If I were a fish, I don’t think that I would want to die like that, would you? Well, I don’t think that fish like it. So you can see that the earth would be a much better place without pollution and that is my high hope!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 09:27 PM by • Noelle
I live in Reno, Nevada and my “high hopes” for school is that children could be stress free with school and that they could have more faith, courage, and try their best in what they’re doing. I’ve experienced stress during school so I know how it feels but I wish that children wouldn’t have stress any more. For example when we are doing a test or something some of us really freak out. Am I right? Well you should have courage and just do your best! That’s what really counts. My parents always say to me, a person who tries and does everything to do their best is better than a person who is intelligent. I always say those words to myself and I have to agree with my parents. Some people should try raising their self-confidence. My sister, she’s a really good sister but she has no self – confidence so I hate hearing her say “I can’t do it!” It gets really annoying and I just want to scream back “But you CAN do it! You never even try!” but of course I would never try screaming that to my sister… Anyway that would really help if you raised your self confidence I tell you! We’ve probably all had stress before and when I had stress it affected me a lot. But you know what I learned? I learned that problems won’t stick to you like glue. The glue will soon wear off, no matter how much time it takes. You’ll get over your problems and having stress is not fun, trust me. (I learned that the hard way!) Someday you’ll be laughing about your problems in the past and it won’t even matter. Children around the world that are attending school, you don’t have to have stress and have more faith, courage, and try your best! I am Iris and I approve this message! (Haha!)
Posted May 24, 2010 at 08:57 PM by • Iris
I live in Reno, NV and my High Hope is to help stop pollution in all kinds of ways like no, oil spills, more fuel efficient cars, and recycle. One way I can help is donate money to help clean up the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Another way is to recycle more at home and at school.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 08:49 PM by • Wyatt
I live in Reno, NV in the United States of America. One of my hopes for this world is to recycle more so we can make new things. We can make sure that were not wasting anything anymore, if everyone joins in and helps. This would make the world a very better place to live in, for everyone all around the world.
My country and the state I live in have many homeless people who are on the streets. My hopes are to solve this problem and to help those who are in need. We can make more soup kitchens and centers for homeless people. There is so many things we can do to help all of those people who need a roof over their heads. I know lots of children in shcools are helping homeless people some how.

A hope for my community would be to plant more plants in the ground. It is pretty bare where I live. There still are many trees and plants all over the place though. I want some more growth around my house and I'm hoping my neighborhood and community will help. There sure isn't to much growth around. Lots of people around my neighborhood who wish they have lots of trees. I know I can produce growth around where I live and my people can help me start by one little step at a time.

I really like how you, Mr. Crosby are letting kids, including me, join in your launch.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, launch off!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 08:40 PM by • Reilly
I live in Reno, NV, and my high hopes are for there to be a smaller population of homeless people and homeless or abandoned animals. I think this because, everyone deserves a home where they feel safe and loved. Even animals because even though they don't value as high as humans they still deserve to be happy. Also animals can't do much with their life considering the fact that they don't live as long and there isn't much that they can do to make a change. With people though you also have to concider the fact that sometimes it's hard for them to make a change all on their own. Since if they grow up unwealthy it's hard for them and their families to provide the supplies they need for a proper education, good meals, etc... Which that can really effect them because if they don't have proper education, than how do they get into collage or in some cases, how do they pay for it? Their needs to be a big change made because this won't go away on it's own. That doesn't mean you can just write a check and call it good because thats the least you can do. If you really want to help make a difference the best thing to do is volunteer your time to help, and maybe in a few years the population of homeless people will be zero. But there will be no improvement if you don't pitch in and help.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 08:27 PM by • abby
Hi i'm from Reno Nevada USA and my High Hopes are to get people to stop littering. Man that makes me upset .I also hope that Obama will stop all the war that is going on because you have to agree that war is a silly thing .One of my huge hopes is for animals . Sometimes I wonder why it can't just rain meat but I guess thats just the cycle of life .I have so many hopes but i'll tell you one more. My last is for doctors to find more cures for diseases perhaps a faster cure for h1n1 .
Posted May 24, 2010 at 08:26 PM by • Isabella21
I live in Reno, Nevada U.S.A and my High Hopes for my school, community and the world are continued support for the police officers because they help people when they are in car crashes and they also keep us safe! I want schools and our teachers to keep us learning so we will graduate. We should take more care of the earth! Something else I want to include is the firemen and women because they save us from fires and, like the police, they keep us safe! I have High Hopes for vets because they try to keep your animal alive and that is very kind! Sometimes it doesn't work but they still try their best! I have High Hopes for the world to keep working on peace.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 07:49 PM by • Kristin
Hi! I live in Reno, Nevada in the U.S.A. My “High Hopes” is for a person named Earth. You know, the one we LIVE ON! Ok, back to my high hope. So you know that more than 50% of the Earth is made up of ocean ? Well why don’t we protect the animals that live there? Here’s a few ways how to do that: 1 Volunteer to help pick up trash on the beaches. This will help the oceans, as trash won’t go into the oceans and hurt the animals. 2. Help out anytime you hear something that happens in the ocean like an oil spill. Volunteers are needed to help wash the oil off the ducks, birds, etc.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 07:46 PM by • Rachel
Posted May 24, 2010 at 07:42 PM by • rachel
I live in R.N and my high hopes for school communtiy and the world are to help homless people. Also to make the world safe because we have lots people on the loose killing people.We should also help things or peolpe to make a better place.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 07:19 PM by • isabel
hi I live in reno my high hope is making technoligy to next level like doors that open themselves and the creations of unknown creatures that come to LIFE!!!! like Spore. please god It happens
Posted May 24, 2010 at 07:07 PM by • carmen
My name is Jillian and I live in Reno,NV. My High Hope for the world is helping hurt and wounded animals from all over the world. I also want the world to be cleaner. Pollution is horrible to the planet. Some people are just so lazy just to pick up one piece of trash! Also, I want no junk food. It is not very good for you. It has tons of calories in it. Fruits, vegetables, and meat are things that people should be eating to help them have strong bones. Sprite, Cheetos, and potato chips are all junk food that makes you weak and unhealthy. Those are the biggest hopes I want for the world and you. Be Earth's helper! Save animals and plants, and stop eating junk food! Save yourself and the earth! I know that everyone in the world could treat the earth nicely, even you! Bye!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 06:42 PM by • jillian
I live in Reno, Nevada and my "high hopes" for my school, community, and world are for my school to have lots of learning suplies. I would also like all classrooms in the school to have active board just like us. My high hopes for the community is, to recycle a little bit more.I would also like less forclosures. My "high hopes" for the world is to not cut down as many trees. Another "high hope" I have for the world is for no more war.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 06:34 PM by • Schuyler L
I live in Reno, Nevada and my name is Ryan. I have many high hopes that are probably much needed. One high hope that could be needed is to stop starvation. If you stop starvation it will affect the world greatly. Another high hope that I have is to stop wildfires and other weather that can cause death. This is something that I can’t do right now but Maybe I will contribute a lot. Those are some of the high hopes that I have.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 06:12 PM by • Ryan
I live in Sparks and my "High Hop"for the world and for the community is for people to recycle more and to save trees.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 04:05 PM by • Vanessa Nunez
I live in Sparks my "High Hope" for the world and community is for people to recycle more,and to not pollute.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 04:04 PM by • Jackeline Magana Perez
I live in Sparks,NV and my high hopes are to be a vetrinarian and to make animals feel better and be better.also make theworld a better place
Posted May 24, 2010 at 03:56 PM by • maria
I like it alot beacause
there are all of these great and amazing stuff!!
Posted May 24, 2010 at 03:10 PM by • Angela
Hi my name is Maria and my high hops are that the world becomes a better place.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 03:04 PM by • maria
My name is kaylee and i live in carlin nv usa and my high hope is to stop world hunger and put every one in houses.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 02:45 PM by • kaylee
I live in Gualala, CA and my high hope is that there would be world-wide freedom of access to education, health, and nourishment.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 01:48 PM by • Cathleen
I live in Sparks, NV and my high hopes are for world peace and for a higher graduation rate.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM by • Ms. Wilson
I live in Scottsdale, Arizona and my high hope is that we find a peaceful, respectful and effective way to deal with illegal immigration that honors families and hard working people that come to the USA for the right reasons.
Posted May 24, 2010 at 09:58 AM by • Sheila
I live in Reno, NV and my high hopes are a higher graduation rate and that access for higher learning is made available for all people.
Posted May 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM by • Kailyn
Woodstock, NY... think of the possibilities!
Posted May 22, 2010 at 12:21 PM by • David Laks
hi! I am from Florida nad my high hope (s) is that we will come to world peace, make our planet greener, save all animals, help world hunger, and help the homeless.
Posted May 21, 2010 at 08:08 PM by • Jessica
I live in Sparks, NV and my high hopes are to help people and the world by recycling.
Posted May 21, 2010 at 12:34 PM by • Mrs. Smith
We are Room 231 from ISB in Bangkok, Thailand, and our class high hope is that peace and normality will return to our city soon.

My name is Josh, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is to end wars so people don't have to die unnecessarily.

My name is Tanya, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is people will stop abandoning their pets and leaving them to die on the streets as they try to survive.

My name is Domi, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that we stop killing animals for their fur or body parts - too many animals are endangered because of this.

My name is Ayumi, I live in Bangkok, Thailand but I'm orginally from Japan and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that we are able to stop Global Warming. We need to look after our planet.

My name is Win, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is to stop homelessness, I feel guilty because we all have everything that we could possibly want and some people have nothing.

My name is Piche, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that poverty ends because it's sad that many people don't have enough food to eat.

My name is Hiromi, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that we stop cutting down all the trees to help save the animals from losing their habitats.

My name is Varisa, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that the fires in Bangkok stop because we are polluting the air we breathe.

My name is Nick, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that all war stops.

My name is Jake, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that people stop setting fire to all the buildings in Bangkok.

My name is Hae Rang, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that children who don't have parents get the things that they need.

My name is Pedro, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that it becomes a greener place.

My name is Ji Ho, I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my HIGH HOPE for the world is that North Korea and South Korea become connected.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM by • Room 231
I live in Sparks, Nevada, and I have high hopes that the students at Risley will all find a book over the summer that they not only read but also love enough to be able to recommend it to a friend for reading!
Posted May 20, 2010 at 05:21 PM by • Corbett Harrison
i live in Sparks,Nevada and my high hope is for my school for is better playground
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM by • Jorda
I live in sparks nevada and my high hopes for my school are that we get lockers and touch screen laptops and my highest hope is that the school staYS clean
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM by • Jamis
I live in sparks,NV and my high hope is to help people in trouble.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM by • Aldo
I live in sparks,NV and my high hope is to save the rainforest.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:39 AM by • ashley
I live in Sparks NV and my high hope is that someone will cure cancer
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:38 AM by • lance
I live in Sparks, Nevada and my high hope is for my school for better food
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM by • Desteny
I live in sparks Nevada and my high hopes for the world are to keep the world clean.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:37 AM by • Francisco
I live in sparks Nevada, and my high hope is for the world because there is some violince and steeling and it has to stop.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM by • Axel
I live in sparks, neavada and my high hope is that there is no more theifs and theres no more trash
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM by • Crisbelle
I live Sparks, NV to make the planet greener and nicer
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM by • jaclyn
I live in Sparks, Nevada and my High Hope is to make the Earth more green!
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM by • Vanessa
I live in sparks , NV and my high hopes are to make the earth a clean earth.
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM by • soo
I live Sparks,Nevada and my high hope is to make are plannet better and greener
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM by • Kenneth
I live in Sparks Nevada and my high hope for the world is that people would pick up there trash and recycle but my highest hope is that people that are in need of help - they get help
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM by • Irlanda
I live in sparks,NV and my high hope is for everyone to care about the earth
Posted May 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM by • desiree
I live in Sparks NV and my high hope for the world is that everyone has a happy life