UREL

Your Stuff and Its Journey
For three weeks we had people come in and tell us about what was really happening beyond the garbage trucks. Do you really know where your garbage goes after the garbage truck takes it away? Most people don't even know where it goes because they don't even care, they only care that it's not with them anymore. New Yorkers throw away 50,000 tons of waste a DAY and that's only New York think about the whole world, and then factor in that less than 4% of plastic in the U.S. is actually recycled. We picked through trash and skyped with people to see what they thought of what we were doing. I really liked learning about what people are doing with our trash. Learning about what people are doing with our trash really saddened me, because people don't care where their trash goes and they should, because no one wants to show their child a picture of a tree and say this is what trees looked liked when we had them.

I think that personally people should pay more attention, since people complain that it's the governments fault, but really it's their fault. People don't realize that since they don't care where their trash is going they'll just complain when our world is destroyed but it's their fault. People should care more about their trash.