Copyright (c) 2014 by Rye 7th Team Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rye 7th Team -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Team-

7th Grade Team

Discover what's happening in the 7th grade classes at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, US.

by Rye 7th Team

Rye Jr. High School
Ms. Adams' Science Blog
RJH 7th Team Web Page

In the past few weeks of school we learned a lot about stuff....literally. Stuff like where does stuff come from and where does it go. I know it is a lot of stuff to take in, so let's start with our class digging through stuff, the stuff is called “trash”. We did this stuff to help the environment, digging through 2 days of trash was pretty discussing but it was very interesting to see how much stuff could be either recycled or composted. In the end we found more then 75% of stuff that would be put in a landfill could be put in a compost or recycled.

The second thing we did in the class was we watched a video on where our stuff comes from.

We learned that around 80% of the stuff we buy within 6 months gets thrown away. Other stuff that we learned was that over 75% of plastic bottles do not get recycled.

In the end, I learned that more people need to recycle their stuff. We all need to compost. It's our world, let's take care of it.

By

HRMA

Current Class
Past Class

Locations of visitors to this page --- Moon Phase Badge___

CURRENT MOON
-- EarthCast 2014
Uploaded with ImageShack.us badge3042c1a2778dc5c7e5401bf2732221ecff2da72d Earthcast11 Badge ----