Copyright (c) 2014 by LJJA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LJJA -- Blogmeister

LJJA

Class of 2012-2013

by LJJA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

One assembly we had was an assembly on our school's garbage . Out of  87.5 lbs  25 lbs went to the landfill, 9 lbs was recycling and 51 lbs was compostable! That's 60 % compostable, 30% goes into a landfill and  10% was recylable, that means that less than 1/2 of our garbage acually didn't had to go into a landfill and more than 1/3 wasn't compostable!

We had a film festival and there were 3 videos. The first video was the story of stuff.  It talked about how the U.S., when we run out of supplies we go to other countries and start polluting their lands and ruining their environment too then sell it at lower price than it cost the people in other countries to make it and labor on it which means they are either underpaid or not paid at all. Then we go out and buy it then eventually throw it away and when we throw it away it either  ends up in a landfill like this