Copyright (c) 2014 by SSAM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SSAM -- Blogmeister

SSAM

Class of 2012-2013

by SSAM

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Earth Day

This earth day my grade and I made a webcast, talking all about the earth and ways to save it. It was a lot of fun because we got to talk all about what we learned to people all around the country! Some of the things we talked about in our webcast were recycling, is it good? or bad? We learned that recycling is very good but we're gonna need a new way of disposing trash and other things that can't be recycled. This solution is composting. Composting is a way we can dispose of trash by putting the trash in a composting bin, churning it up, and then it turns to dirt so we can start the cycle all over again. We also talked a lot about landfills and if they're good for the environment or not. And it turns out they are not very good for the environment because its a whole lot of trash just sitting in land which gives off toxic fumes, and they only last up to 40 years. We learned all this information and more from Mrs. Anderson who was a lady who came into our class room once a week for 3 weeks and talked to us about ways people are destroying the earth and how we can help. The 1st week she came she brought some other guys from a recycling committee too who helped us identify what things in our lunch trash bin we could compost, recycle, or put in a landfill.