When my group put the bateries into the charger we plugged it in and the outlet transfered electical energy into the battery which when it got into the battery turned into Stored Chemical Energey. The stored chemical energy is portable so when we took the batteries out of the charger nd into the flashlight the bateries still worked. When it goes into the flashlight the stored chemical energy changes into light/heat energy which makes the lightbulb stay on. If you were trying to make a motor run it would turn into mechanical energy instead of heat/light energy. When there is wires connecting to everything it will go from the negative side of the battery to the posotive back to the battery which creaates a circut.