Copyright (c) 2014 by Sheila Adams Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Sheila Adams -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Science - Sheila Adams-

Ms. Adams' Blog

This space is for sharing information, links, and activities for 7th grade science at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, USA. Student blogs are located at http://tinyurl.com/7thblog or http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=266813

by Sheila Adams

Rye Jr. High School
Science Class web page
Ms. Ellwood's Web Page
Ms. Adams Web Page
Earthbridges
7th Grade Blogs
8th Grade Blogs
6th Grade Blogs

Digging into the Trash
7th grade science classes have been working with the Rye Recycling Committee. Susan Anderson and Deidre Smyrnos have created a 'film festival' for the students. After each film, we discuss the main points and how it may impact our world.

They also coordinated an after lunch event with 2 people from Zero Waste Now. We saved our cafeteria trash for 2 days which weighed 87 pounds. Students volunteered to go through the trash and separate it into compost, recyclables and landfill trash. We then reweighed the landfill trash. It weighed 27 pounds! A huge difference! We discovered we had about 9 pounds of recyclables and 50 pounds of compost. We will follow up in class by investigating disposable items and the culture behind it, fair trade, blogging about our experiences and creating content for our Earth Day webcast.

Article posted April 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM • comment • Reads 159 • Return to Blog List

Rye 7th Team -

Ms. Adams - 7th grade science teacher; Co-leader of the Belize-UNH Teacher Program; Past President of NHSTE [nhste.org]

EarthCast 2012
Earthcast11 Badge

Click here to get more mini-SharkBreak widgets - www.SharkBreak.com
CURRENT MOON
--- ---
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called MyOats. Make your own badge here.

badge