Copyright (c) 2014 by RJJO Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RJJO -- Blogmeister

RJJO

Class of 2012-2013

by RJJO

teacher: Rye 8th Team

The Tornado 

When I was around 5 years old I went to stay at my grandparents house in Tennessee.  My grandparents lived in a trailer house.  It was very big for one though.  There was an open yard and there was a shed that held a bunch of tools.  There was a gate so the dogs wouldn't run away.  There was a lot of stuff to do at their house.  One of my favorite things to do was play board games and watch Courage, the cowardly dog.  We were getting sleepy so we went off to bed.  I slept in my grandparents bed.

They were snoring so loudly that it was hard to sleep.  I woke up in the middle of the night because it was raining and very windy.  The rain was hitting the window so hard that if sounded like the window might break.  Their little dog was lying on my pillow but then he started running into the living room.  I was scared.  I shook my grandparents shoulders and they finally woke up.  They woke up and heard the wind.  They asked me to go in the living room with them.  I brought my scooby doo blanket with me.  I walked out into the living room afraid of what was happening.  I sat down on the couch hoping it would go away.  I held my blanket close.  My Grandpa turned on the T.V.  The weather guy said something about a tornado warning.

Then the T.V turned off.  Now I was very scared.  We started walking into the kitchen getting closer to the door outside.  We had to go outside to get underneath the house.  We listened for the right time to open the door and then we went outside.  We turned to go under the trailer but then it was gone it disappeared.  The neighbors' yards were pretty messy because of all the stuff that was being thrown around.  We were all okay though.  After that I was scared for my parents because I thought that they were just driving around in a car and that they might get hit by the tornado.  Luckily they stayed the night at one of our relative's house so that made me feel better.  Luckily we all survived that scary night that I will never forget. 

Article posted April 2, 2010 at 01:18 PM • comment • Reads 52 • Return to Blog List