Copyright (c) 2014 by Terry Smith Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Terry Smith -- Blogmeister

Mr. Smith's Blogging Community

WWW.SMITHBLOGGERS.ORG

See educational technology links and videos on the Classroom Web and on multiple Wiki pages. This blog is no lobger being used by kids because Mr. Smith has moved to higher education - Western Illinois University. Please browse through the articles here to see how many different ways that kids can learn with blogging around the world. Oh, for rock and roll fans, here is a vdeo from our annual Winter Air Guitar Party AIR Guitar Link

Kidlink Landmark 2014 Games - The Project starts again in February. Last year we had so many participants that we had to create Group A and group B in the primary Games. We still had only one section in the Challenge Group (older students). Let's see what happens this coming year in the 2014 Games!

by Terry Smith

Meyer's Blogs
Livewires - NZ
Ms. Tarasevich - Russia
Ms. Smith's 5th
Mrs. Black -Naches, WA
Higgs Class UK
Uganda Friends
Postage Stamp Voicethread

Ideas and Creativity

We're always talking about how to be creative in our classroom and how to put our ideas together into even bigger ideas (synthesis). Well, just imagine if you were asked to help someone understand seat belt safety. And you were asked to make a meaningful family connection. What would you do? The following video is one way to do this. What would you do to get the same message across? What main ideas would you use? Would you do a video or a photo slideshow or a cartoon or an MP3? Or something totally different?

Article posted March 30, 2010 at 09:43 AM • comment (5) • Reads 42 • Return to Blog List

I like the part when the colorful thing flew it also teaches ppl (people) about seat belt safety.
Posted June 4, 2010 at 03:07 PM by • Elizabeth
That is such a cool video!
Posted April 16, 2010 at 01:36 PM by • Ella
Thats a good way to teach people to wear there seat belts.
Posted April 15, 2010 at 01:36 PM by • kobe
I love that back round music and that vidio.
Posted April 14, 2010 at 03:48 PM by • Molly
I don't know if students would react the same way as adults but this video brought tears to my eyes as I watched! I think that the message was very moving.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you, Mrs. Black. I also felt is was very dramatic -- Mr. Smith
Posted April 13, 2010 at 01:17 PM by • Mrs. Black

My Last Class

From NPR: Letters to President Obama from students in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades at Eagle's Nest Intermediate School on the Navajo Nation reservation in Tuba City, Arizona.

Special Links
Taiwan Food Project
Air Guitar

Our Podomatic Page