Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Huzzah
Blogs by the Sea
Mr. Miller's Class Blog
Making Waves in 6th Grade
Broadbent Blues
Fascinating Phenology

Recently the House of Representatives passed the Deleting Online Predators Act of 2006 or DOPA for short. Once this act becomes a law it would require schools and libraries that receive federal aid to block any website where children can be harmed by online predators. Here's a quote from an online discussion, "The law is so broadly defined that it would limit access to any commercial site that allows users to create a profile and communicate with strangers. This legislation is targeting MySpace, but it would also block numerous other sites, including blogging tools, mailing lists, video and podcast sites, photo sharing sites, and educational sites like NeoPets." Discussion: MySpace and DOPA

In this class we are using Class Blogmeister. I moderate it and wouldn't allow strangers to post on our blog, yet it would have to be blocked under the new DOPA 2006 law. We wouldn't be able to add our knowledge to wiki's even because other people could read it. What are your thoughts on this?

Article posted September 29, 2006 at 09:14 AM • comment (1) • Reads 78 • Return to Blog List

I don't think that parents want their kids to use it because there might be nasty pictures or their kids could be emailing bad people.
Posted October 12, 2006 at 02:27 PM by • gunnarl

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3

I started my teaching career in South Central Los Angeles teaching in modified to full bilingual 4th and 5th grade classes. Then I moved to WA State where I have taught mainly 6th through 8th grade. I have enjoyed the culture clash but notice that kids are the same everywhere :o)

My areas of interest are science and technology but I also love studying ancient cultures and learning about different peoples and cultures.

Mr. G's Other Blog

About Mr. G

Captain González
Captain Gonzalez