shal-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Weather Story

Once, when I was about 4 years old, it was a bright sunny day. It was so beautiful out, I asked my mom if she would take me to the park to fly my new Winnie The Pooh kite. Of, course, she said yes because she wanted some exercise too. She said she wanted to get some different clothes on, and for me to wait there. After five minutes of waiting for my mom I got bored and looked out the window, and it was still a sunny and beautiful day. I walked over to the other side of the house and looked out the window there, and it was pouring! I sprinted back to the other side of the house and it was sunny again! I had never seen anything like that before, and I got really scared and I ran upstairs to my mom who was also amazed at this weird weather split. She told me it's okay and I went back downstairs and it was all sunny again and there was a giant rainbow arching over the Merrimack River, so I ran back upstairs and screamed to my mommy,
“LETS GO LOOK FOR THE POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!!!”

She said that she would rather go to the park, and my mom told me to get in the car, and that she would be “right there”, so I went. Finally she came and buckled me into my car seat and we started driving to the park, and it started to hail! I had never seen hail before either, so I started crying. When we got to the park my mom calmed down, and it was all sunny again. After we got home from the park the whole process started over again, with the sun on one side, and raining on the other.
NOT KIDDING!
Article posted March 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM • comment • Reads 50 • Return to Blog List