Copyright (c) 2014 by JRVI Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JRVI -- Blogmeister

JRVI-

by JRVI teacher: Rye 8th Team

A couple of years ago my cousins came up from Denver to visit with us. When they arrived we went down to the beach, bringing with us our beach wagon, dinner, and lots of fun. We decided that we would enjoy the beautiful evening at the beach, but our plans were destroyed when we watched dark grey clouds rolling in, accompinied by the sound of distant thunder. We began to pack up our metal wagon with all of our beach chairs, hoping to be able to run home before the storm arrived, but luck had left us, so this did not work out. It began to pour and lightning started flashing. We had walked to the beach so we had nowhere to run but home. Abbandoning the wagon, we sprinted toward home. Lighting flashed so close to us we could see it touch down a few times. Terrified, we were only able to make it halfway home, where we decided to run to our neighbors porch. We began our run home when it seemed to calm down a bit. After a few more minutes we finally made it home, as we came into the house, leaving a trail of water behind us, we felt immensly relieved.

Article posted March 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM • comment • Reads 87 • Return to Blog List