These are some things you should know about dealing with Internet safety:
1. Do not use your real name as a screen name and if you do change it.
2. Do not give your password for anything to any of your friends.
3. Do not give out your real name, your address or your phone number.
4. If you receive a threat over email, through text messaging or something else make sure you tell an adult or call the police before it turns serious.
5. If you click on a link make sure at the bottom it is the same link you clicked on before.
6. Do not give out your own or your parents social security numbers.
7. Don't give your picture to any social networking site or to anyone you don't know.
8. If you meet anyone through social networking make sure there are a lot of people around in a public place during the day and make sure you come with a parent/guardian or friend.
9. If you or your parents receive a email that states that the bank lost some of your information, delete it because it may not be true.
10. Never open an email from someone you don't know.