Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

Emily C.

2009-2010

by E

teacher: Mr. Edwards

I'm happy 'cause Shiloh's made it through and so have I.  I guess I opened my eyes and got a chance to see the world.  I'm 13, now, an age to grown up for me.  I guess I maybe grown up to fast.

Well, Shiloh and me tumbling through the grass on the hill, me thinking through my years with Shiloh.  Been a long time,'bought 2 years.  While I is thinking through this, Shiloh licks my face and howls.  Trying to bring me back to land, trying to get me to play.  But I know I don't want to let go, even if I have to.  I wish Shiloh would understand my way of saying "no", but he don't have a clue what I'm saying.

Now Ma's running out of the house, Becky and Dara Lynn at her heals and then there we all are, rolling like little puppies with Shiloh.  We all glancing at the drive once in a while, just to make sure Dad not missing out on fun together.  Growing dark, and Dad still not come home yet.  Ma's gotten up and walks up to the house with not a word said out of her mouth.  She don't tell us where and what she doing, but she don't need to tell us.  Becky, Dara Lynn and I all thinking the same thing, she calling around the neighborhood to see if anyone seen Dad.  While we waiting, Shiloh is trying to get us to lighten up, but there's no chance of that happening anytime soon, we all wondering what happened to Dad.  Ma's finally come out, after what has seemed like forever.  " Dad's not coming home yet, Marty,"  she sighs and her eyes fill with tears.  " I know,"  I say.  I can feel her breath's full of tears and makes me want to cry even more.  Suddenly. we seeing a car drive up our drive and then Dad's running out and we all hugging.  It was a fun day after all. 

By Emily1 

Article posted February 26, 2010 at 01:55 PM • comment • Reads 67 • see all articles

I am a student at a school in Illinois, USA. Read all about me on my blog!