Copyright (c) 2014 by LK Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LK -- Blogmeister

You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, you can close your ears to things you don't want to hear, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.

5D

by LK

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

Perswasive Writing Letter
Dear mom and dad,
Here are a couple of reasons that I need to earn money to buy a tree. I really think this is important for the universe and the people living on earth. Lots of people may think this is silly but I don’t and I think it is important because when I grow up I want to be able to breathe fresh air and not polluted air from cars and boats. I know that cars are good for transportation but we need more trees to make up for that pollution that we are making.
Clear cutting is bad for us but also bad for animals. Animals lose their homes, like it sometimes happens to us. How do you think that feels? We hate it when it happens to us so why do we do it to animals that are harmless. Now, animals die and lose their homes just because we want a wooden lodge or a wooden boat. Why can’t we just have a fiber glass boat or a stone lodge? Animals natural habitats are being cut down and the animals are coming down the mountains into people’s homes and killing them andor their pets.
I will have pride in my tree if I earn the money to pay for it. I might love my tree more if I do the chores to buy it. I will have a sense of ownership. When I think about my tree I will have thoughts of doing chores for it and think about the fact that I worked hard for it.
The trees are part of a huge ecosystem. The trees prevent mud slides that slide down hills. If there is a lake or a river at the bottom of the hill then the mud will slide down into the riverlake and if fish live in the water the mud will slide in and kill the fish. Therefore if we go fishing in that rivelake, we won’t be able to fish because there won’t be any fish.
It is really vital that we plant trees because of our ecosystem and to make up for the clear cutting that is happening to our trees. The trees have a life and deserve to live it well like we deserve to too. Even though the trees may not talk and we think they are not very important, they really are and may be the most important thing to us. We need to make up for the wrongs that we have done and change!!!
Article posted February 11, 2010 at 09:39 AM • comment • Reads 43 • Return to Blog List