Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. C. Martin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. C. Martin -- Blogmeister

The Idea Hub

This is a place for students from grades 4 - 7 to write about their research projects, book club book reviews and to learn to use 21st Century technology skills. It is an invitation to see what students in my library research classes are researching, learning and sharing. We learn from positive, constructive feedback not negative criticism. Please notice our successes, not our mistakes.

by Mrs. C. Martin

Student Blogging Challenge
26 Bay Bloggers
Ms Phillips Online Classroom Space
flickrCC
wikimedia Commons
Compfight
Behold
Pics4Learning
morgueFile free photos
edupics
FreeFoto
ImageAfter
Photo8
Blogpoll

A Perfect Gentle Knight by Kit Pearson

This is a book about the relationships between family members who are trying to cope with the death of their mother. The children retreat into an imaginary world of Camelot, becoming the Knights of the Round Table and the father retreats into his work. It talks about what happens when an adult forgets how to be a parent, when children become lost in a world of fantasy and how they all struggle to stay together and help each other. It was a very moving story.

My favorite part was when Corrie and Meredith start a new fad with stuffed animals, the saddest part was when Corrie and her father find Sebastian in Joyous Gard and the happiest part was the art show.  What part is your favorite? What part do you think is the saddest? What part do you think is the happiest?

Red Cedar Question: How many awards has Kit Pearson recieved for writing?

Article posted February 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM • comment (7) • Reads 34 • Return to Blog List

You need to read more than 40 pages! :) It is a wonderful story and very sad at times.
Posted March 30, 2010 at 03:58 PM by • Mrs. Martin
HI

After reading 40 pages i found it a bit on the boring side ;( BUT thats just me.

write back

CK ;P
Posted March 30, 2010 at 01:37 PM by • c k
Hi! It's KW,
I totally agree with being favorite, saddest and happiest parts of this book!
Talk again soon!
Posted March 2, 2010 at 01:42 PM by • KW
Hi CK,
No, the setting is in the 1950's, but the children pretend they are in the Middle Ages: King Arthur's Round Table. It was a very good book. I hope you choose to read it!
Posted February 24, 2010 at 03:27 PM by • Mrs. C. Martin
Hello!!!!

Even though I have not read the book I think I will like it. I have only one question does it take place the middle ages? I love the middle ages;)
Posted February 23, 2010 at 01:42 PM by • C K
Hi again LM,
I cannot say just yet which is my favorite Red Cedar as I haven't read many yet. I would like to read Dear Jo next though. It is the big favorite at CHE with the Red Cedar Readers. I might suggest that one for you to read next. Darkwing has also been popular.
Which books have been popular with your Red Cedar group?
Posted February 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM by • Mrs. C. Martin
Hi Mrs. Martin, this is LM, you commented on my blog entry on this very book. I would like to know what was your favorite book out of the Red Cedars? Was it this book and was it another one? I would like to know becasue i want to know what book I should read next. If I haven't already read it that is :).
Posted February 10, 2010 at 04:49 PM by • LM

Div 25-Grade 3-4
Div 26-Grade 4-5
Div 27-Grade 5-6
Div 28-Grade 6
Div 29-Grade 7
Div 5 Grade 3-4
Div 6 Grade 4-5
Div 7 Grade 6-7
Div 8-Grade 6-7

My name is Mrs. Martin and I am a Teacher-Librarian. I work with teachers and students in a dual-track English/French Immersion school. I teach research skills, including Information Literacy. Locations of visitors to this page

free counters free counters