Copyright (c) 2014 by LRRH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LRRH -- Blogmeister

LRRH

Class of 2012-2013

by LRRH

teacher: Rye 8th Team

ARTIST STATEMENT

My collage was influenced by punk rock culture, which has stuff like messed up things that are normally present in society, like the cover art for the Guns N’ Roses album LIES. I showed my influences by this with the large amount of magazine text I included in the collage. I added shapes of guitars over the collage which added to the punk rock culture that I showed in my collage. I tried to shape the collage with the road going into a bunch of mountains, but the guitars I painted kind of took away from that to the point where you can’t see it anymore. I used the colors green, blue, and purple to paint the guitars, which looked really awesome. All in all, the collage was a success, and I think I deserve an A+.

Article posted January 15, 2010 at 08:22 AM • comment • Reads 36 • Return to Blog List