Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by J

teacher: Derek Milloy

This book is called ''Touching Spirit Bear''. This book is about a guy named Cole Matthews,who have been in trouble with the law half of his life.Cole beat up a guy named Peter Driscal because Peter told the police that Cole robbed and trashed a hardware store.Cole has a choice,either he goes to jail or join circle of justice.It was recommended by Garvey.Cole chose Circle of Justice.When Cole was at the circle of justice meeting,Garvey recommended that Cole should go to an island in Alaska for a year.Some of the character in the book is Cole,a fifteen year old from Minneapolis,Garvey,Cole's parole officer,Cole's mom, care more about her appearance and shes afraid of her husband,Edwin,a Tlingit elder who brings food to Cole at the Island and Cole's dad, an alcoholic who beats Cole.
I think the authors message is their are many kind of angers.The part that showed me the lesson is when Cole burned down his shelter at the Island.The part that really spoke to me is when Cole said ''the world was beautiful''.What I learned is that you have yo learn to forgive the people who made a mistake to you because nobody is perfect.
Article posted January 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM • comment • Reads 84 • Return to Blog List