My Science Blog!

My Interesting Weed Pulling Experience

In November my 6th period class had to go to the grange and pull weeds. We did this because last year other 6th graders planted trees to help the nearby creek. When we got there we only did a little bit of actual pulling but instead loaded the weeds and blackberry bushes onto a tarp and then onto a trailer for the North Olympic Salmon Collition (I hope I spelled that right!) to take it away. I had fun heaving and pulling the blackberry branches from a big pile that the earlier science classes made. My only problem with pulling the weeds were that sometimes the thorms from the blackberries got through the leather gloves and pricked you in the hand. After I was done I went over to the creek and it was REALLY big! After we had loaded all of the weeds and blackberry bushes we got a group picture and headed back to class. I had a blast pulling the weeds and it was really cool that it was for a good cause!

Article posted January 6, 2010 at 08:36 AM • comment (1) • Reads 50 • Return to Blog List

WOW! great job on that! When I had my first expierience pulling weeds I hated it but you made it sound fun!
Posted May 7, 2010 at 11:45 AM by • Tyler R