Copyright (c) 2014 by Rye 7th Team Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Rye 7th Team -- Blogmeister

Rye JH - 7th Grade Team-

7th Grade Team

Discover what's happening in the 7th grade classes at Rye Jr. High (A Middle School) in Rye, NH, US.

by Rye 7th Team

Rye Jr. High School
Ms. Adams' Science Blog
RJH 7th Team Web Page

In November, Joe Flood came to our school to teach us about drugs and alcohol. He told us that we shouldn't ever take drugs, and that we should drink carefully when we are 21 and over. He also said we should not drink underage, and told us stories about what happens when you are irresponsible. He also told us about what can happen by explaining it instead of stories.

We saw him 4 times in 2 weeks in our Life Skills room, and we learned a lot. He has been to a lot of schools to talk to kids our age.

He told us about when you drink, it's like little lights go off in your head. There are 6 lights, and the more that go out the more dangerous it gets. When all your lights are out, you're dead. When you sleep, the first 2 lights go out. Then were thinking and motor skills, because you don't move or think correctly in your sleep. It's like when you get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night you start tripping over things and you can't stand up straight.

Then, in December, we went to the church down the street from our school. There was a thing called “Project Safeguard” there. While we were in Project Safeguard, we learned all about how to resolve conflicts with our friends and our family. We also learned about how you can change your attitude, and that it was a choice. You can choose to be happy or sad. In another one of the classes we took, we learned team building activities, and all about how to set goals and make a dream board. For lunch we got Moe's Subs, yogurt, chips and juice. Then we went to more classes. Each class was 1 hour long. Our parents got to come with us. My mom was only in one of my classes. Every one had lots of stories to tell us, and after it was over we went back to school to take the bus home.
Article posted December 23, 2009 at 08:58 AM • comment (1) • Reads 56 • Return to Blog List

Wow! I am usually not good at topic paragraphs, but you did a really nice job!
Posted January 22, 2010 at 01:23 PM by • crtr

Current Class
Past Class

--- Moon Phase Badge___

CURRENT MOON
-- EarthCast 2014 badge3042c1a2778dc5c7e5401bf2732221ecff2da72d Earthcast11 Badge ----