Copyright (c) 2014 by LHDR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LHDR -- Blogmeister

LHDR

by LHDR teacher: Rye 8th Team

We made a request to NASA to be lent some moon rocks to study in science class. Our request was granted, so we just had to wait until they came. At first we thought that the rocks would be big enough to hold in the palm of a hand, however they were actually about a cubic centimeter large, and they were covered in a glass case. We were still able to view them through a microscope, which proved to be quite a sight! We were given 3 main rocks, each one was part of the different elevations of the moon. My favorite moon rock was an all white one that actually has some oxygen inside, giving it some of that white color. It is very bumpy, although all of the bumps are rounded. Besides the actual rocks, we were given 3 samples of soil from the different parts of the moon. One sample of soil has a mysterious orange shade, and all of the soil is very jagged, as there is no wind or water to round out the corners. Overall, I think the moon rocks were a complete success.
Article posted December 22, 2009 at 01:16 PM • comment • Reads 64 • Return to Blog List