Copyright (c) 2014 by LHDR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LHDR -- Blogmeister

LHDR

by LHDR teacher: Rye 8th Team

Over the past two weeks, we have taken a drug and alcohol abuse program taught by a former drug and alcohol user Joe Flood. He talked about how drugs and alcohol kill your brain, and they can cause permanent, not just temporary damage to your system. Joe has firsthand experience with drugs, and alcoholism, so his program is to keep us from going down the same road that he did. He talked about not just that they are bad, but he gave specific examples as to what has happened, and what exactly happens to your brain. He talked about what alcohol poisoning is, and it is basically when your blood mixes with too much alcohol, and when it goes to your brain, the brain starts to shut down. Once that happens, you will start to become intoxicated, and eventually pass out. If no one bothers to treat you, you will most likely die. The program was a huge success, and it definitely helped my understanding of drugs and alcoholism.
Article posted December 22, 2009 at 01:05 PM • comment (1) • Reads 86 • Return to Blog List

Good job. I liked how you explained the how drugs are bad and how you told who Joe Flood was.
Posted January 22, 2010 at 01:21 PM by • hrty