Copyright (c) 2014 by LRRH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
LRRH -- Blogmeister

LRRH

Class of 2012-2013

by LRRH

teacher: Rye 8th Team

I recently went to Strawbery Banke for a field trip to learn more about Thanksgiving and why we celebrate it. I liked it when people acted like they lived in the 1900's. When you knocked on the house they would pretend it was theirs.

One thing that I learned was that there was this night that the poor people would knock on the rich peoples door and beg for food and goods. The rich would put different ingredients in the pillow cases that the poor carry around to different houses.

Matzah is a type of a large chip that many people turned into many different things.

The last thing that I learned was that when Thanksgiving came they would usually make 100 pies to preserve the food. I enjoyed visiting there and hope to do it again.
Article posted December 22, 2009 at 08:38 AM • comment • Reads 44 • Return to Blog List