HSRO

Joe Flood taught us a lot of things about alcohol and drugs. But one thing I really thought was good and important to know was when he taught us about the 6 sort of lights you have in your brain. He showed us when there are 4 lights you are asleep when there are 3 you're sort of drunk. When there's 2, you're passed out and when there's 1, you are in a coma and then you most likely die. This all happens when you drink too much alcohol at a party. It's just like if you had one chip when there was a whole bag of them in front of you you have a craving for more. So even if you say you're only going to have one drink, you end up having like 3-4 because of your craving and then you could pass out and die...not good.

Then he taught us FACTS which stood for Family Age Craving Tolerance Surroundings. Family for checking your family background to see if you have any alcoholism in your family. Age for being the right age over 21 to drink. Craving as your craving for alcohol just like the bag of chips. Tolerance for tolerating how much you drink. Surroundings for your friends and every day life that's surrounding you.

Joe Flood was really good and made me really understand alcohol and what could happen when you drink under age and drink too much. Thank you!!
Article posted December 22, 2009 at 08:17 AM • comment (1) • Reads 44 • Return to Blog List

I forgot what FACTS stood for and about the lights.
Posted January 22, 2010 at 09:20 AM by • msan