Copyright (c) 2014 by KHGR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KHGR -- Blogmeister

Class of 2012-2013

by KHGR

teacher: Rye 8th Team

MOON ROCKS

Getting to see moon rocks in a museum is cool, getting to see moon rocks under special supervision in the school is cooler and getting to have moon rocks in your class room only with your teacher and the class is awesome! That's what I got to experience, seeing moon rocks in my class room! How often does a teacher say “we're going to see moon rocks for our unit on the moon.” Now everyone including me were expecting a giant boulder of a rock but instead, when Mrs. Adams opened up the “Deal or no Deal” metal case, there were just pebbles and sand encased in a Lucite glass disc! I guess the fact that these pebbles and sand came from the moon compensated for the fact that they were so small. Different rocks had different stories of how they were made. So they all were very interesting in the end and I take back my comments on how small they were. I mean it is one small step for man but a giant leap for mankind when it comes to collecting these samples.

Article posted December 22, 2009 at 07:49 AM • comment • Reads 50 • Return to Blog List