Copyright (c) 2014 by WRMA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
WRMA -- Blogmeister

WRMA

Class of 2012-2013

by WRMA

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Strawbery Banke
STRAWBERY BANKE

When we went to Strawbery Banke we learned about the history of Thanksgiving and where it came from. There are many different kinds of thanksgivings from many different cultures. They say it came from the pilgrims that came over from England, that settled in present Plymouth, Massachusetts. The first feast that the pilgrims were different from the modern Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving we have now has changed a lot over the years. There are a lot of different recipes for thanksgiving. Certain foods change because of culture. We learned how to grind corn with flour for corn meal, some say it was used for toilet paper. We learned to store food for charity, you can put many different kinds of food one pillow case by twisting the ends and tying knots. The kids had to do a lot of chores, most of them had to do something to help with the food.
Article posted November 24, 2009 at 11:07 AM • comment • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List