Copyright (c) 2014 by HH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HH -- Blogmeister

5B

by HH

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

Have you ever wondered how blood travels through your body? When you inhale you inhale oxygen, and the oxygen goes to the heart and into the left atrium, when you exhale you are getting rid of a waste gas called carbon dioxide. The veins carry deoxygenated (dirty) blood. The capillaries help transport the blood. The arteries carry the oxygenated (clean) blood to all the body parts. The aorta is the biggest and longest artery, the pulmonary vein is the only vein that carries oxygenated blood from the left atrium of the heart to the lungs, the mitral valve on the left side of the heart opens under pressure and the deoxygenated blood goes to the left ventricle and the pulmonary artery is the only artery that carries deoxygenated blood from the lungs to the right atrium, the tricuspid valve on the right side also opens under pressure and the oxygenated blood goes to the right ventricle. The Inferior vena cava carries the blood from you lower body to the right ventricle, the Superior vena cava carries the deoxygenated blood from the upper body to the right atrium. When your heart pumps that is good because that means your more blood is being carried to your heart. Your cell is always wanting nutrients from your food.
Article posted November 16, 2009 at 03:58 AM • comment (1) • Reads 82 • Return to Blog List

It is sooo nice my goodboy
Posted November 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM by • najvan