Copyright (c) 2014 by Kari Melland Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kari Melland -- Blogmeister

-

Glitter Words

My classroom blog is meant to be a tool for students' voices. Their writing is real writing with purpose, opinions, observations and real reasons. The fifth graders are thinking and responding to their world and this blog is for them to express those thoughts. Fifth graders' lives are bigger than the classroom and so the blog is an extension of school and themselves.

by Kari Melland

Mrs. Bethke's Class Blog
Mrs. Johnson's Class Blog
Mrs. Deere's Class Blog
Mr. Dugger's Class Blog

The fifth graders were lucky to attend UND's Engineering Day in September. We took pictures of interesting moments and places during the field trip. Then each student created a VoiceThread and asked a question to stir conversation.

5th Grade 2010-2011

I teach 5th grade at West Elementary in Grand Forks, North Dakota. I've taught third, fourth, and fifth grades. In my freetime, I enjoy playing with my sons, doing TaeKwonDo, reading, playing the piano and cheering on the UND sports teams!