Copyright (c) 2014 by HRMA Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HRMA -- Blogmeister

HRMA

by HRMA teacher: Rye 8th Team

In science we were very lucky to have moon rocks. They came in very small samples and were hard to see without a microscope. We also talked to Chinese students who spoke English too. We talked about the moon rocks. The Chinese school was in California. We were able to communicate with them through Skype. It was fun to have seen the moon rocks. Only very few schools get to see them. I think we are very lucky.

There are 3 rocks and 3 solids on the lunar sample. The 3 rocks are Basalt, Breccia, Anorthosite. The 3 solids are Mare,Highlands,Orange.

NASA had actually ordered the astronaut back into the lunar module and didn't want him to go after the orange soil because he was running low on air. The astronaut went and got it anyway because he thought it was interesting. He took a chance doing that, but because of him, we got to see something that we would never have seen.

Thanks for reading,

Hrma