Math Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

In math we learned about graphs. I made a bar graph on my computer. I counted how many colors of cubes I had. I had red, yellow, orange, blue and black cubes. I opened up Excel on my computer and clicked on graph, and when I put my numbers and colors in, it made a graph. I am learning subtraction, too. Subtraction is kind of hard. I am practicing with blocks, money and counting pictures of things on worksheets. I am having a hard time remembering how to figure out what the answer is in subtraction.

I am also practicing with money. I know how much pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters are worth. I know that there are five pennies in a nickel, ten in a dime, and twenty-five in a quarter. I am using the coins to practice addition and subtraction. It’s a little hard sometimes, but I’m doing my best!

Ms. S has been helping me practice my shapes. I know triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and even more! We play a game and I have to tell her the name of all the shapes. I try to get the answer right. I make some mistakes, but I work through it.

The most important thing I have learned in math class is that it’s OK to make mistakes. I know I can fix them. When you make mistakes and fix them it’s called problem solving. I know that everyone makes mistakes, and that’s part of life. It’s all a part of learning.

Love,

JSHA

Article posted November 5, 2009 at 09:30 AM • comment • Reads 41 • Return to Blog List